On September 12, 2022, American powerlifter John Haack shared Instagram footage where he captured a raw 275-kilogram (606.3-pound) bench press during a training session. Per the caption of his post, the successful bench press rep is a new personal record (PR) for Haack.
According to Open PowerliftingHaack’s new bench press mark unofficially exceeds his all-time raw competition best by 7.5 kilograms (16.6 pounds). That figure of 267.4 kilograms (589.7 pounds) from the 2022 World Raw Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) American Pro is the current all-time World Record in the 90-kilogram division.
Haack’s display of strength conveniently comes at a time when he’ll soon have the opportunity to extend his World Record. The powerlifter is preparing for the upcoming United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Pro Raw. That competition will take place on Sept. 24, 2022, at the Brave Enough CrossFit Gym in North Kansas City, MO.
In addition to his staggering bench press record, Haack also possesses the all-time World Record deadlift and total in the 90-kilogram category. Here’s an overview of the athlete’s top all-time raw competition bests:
John Haack (90KG) | All-Time Raw Competition Bests
- Squat — 345 kilograms (760.6 pounds)
- Bench Press — 267.4 kilograms (589.7 pounds) | All-Time World Record
- Deadlift — 410 kilograms (903.9 pounds) | All-Time World Record
- Total — 1,022 kilograms (2,254.2 pounds) | All-Time World Record
[Related: How to Do the Triceps Kickback for Arm Size]
Throughout his career, Haack has established a high standard of excellence. Of 25 powerlifting contests to his name, some of which he competed in both the Open and Junior divisions, Haack has won on 21 occasions and qualified for the podium 24 times. When he competes at the USPA Pro, Haack will try to extend his winning streak to four competitions dating back to September 2021.
Here’s a rundown of notable results from Haack’s career:
John Haack | Notable Career Results
- 2013 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Badger Open (Open/Raw) — First Place | First career victory
- 2015-2016 USAPL Raw Nationals (Open/Junior/Raw) — First place
- 2017 WRPF Boss of Bosses 4 (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2018-2019 USPA The Tribute (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2020 USPA Metroflex Powermania (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2020 WRPF The Showdown (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Hybrid Showdown III (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Kern US Open (Open/Raw) — Second place
- 2021 WRPF The Bucked Up Showdown (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 WRPF American Pro (Open/Raw) — First place
Haack doesn’t have much to prove as a powerlifting superstar with a few World Records under his belt. One of the best things he could do is to continue building a legendary resume by attaining even loftier records.
Featured image: @bilbo_swaggins181 on Instagram