Watch Polish powerlifter Agata Sitko compete at any sanctioned contest, and it’s easy to forget she’s only 19 years old. The powerlifting community got a recent emphatic reminder of this fact.
On July 8, 2022, during the 2022 World Games, Sitko (76KG) broke three equipped International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Records with a 195-kilogram (429.9-pound) bench pressa 261-kilogram (575.4-pound) deadlift, and a 726-kilogram (1,600.6-pound) total. By the time the competition is over, Sitko’s overall strength and conditioning helped her take home the gold medal in the 76-kilogram division. The powerlifting portion of the contest took place in Birmingham, Alabama, from July 7-10, 2022.
Notably, in addition to her three equipped Open World Records, Sitko achieved a personal competition best in each lift. Here’s a complete overview of her performance in this competition:
Agata Sitko (76KG) | 2022 World Games Top Stats
- Squat – 270 kilograms (595.2 pounds) | Personal Competition Best
- Bench Press – 195 kilograms (429.9 pounds) | Equipped World Record | Personal Competition Best
- Deadlift – 261 kilograms (575.4 pounds) | Equipped World Record | Personal Competition Best
- Total – 726 kilograms ((1,600.6 pounds) | Equipped World Record | Personal Competition Best
To add further context to Sitko’s dominant performance, she extended the three successive new World Records by a considerable amount.
According to the IPF databaseSitko’s new equipped bench press World Record surpasses Tetyana Melnyk’s previous mark by six kilograms (13.2 pounds). Sitko’s new equipped deadlift World Record exceeds her own mark by 10.5 kilograms (23.1 pounds). Finally, to put a cherry on top, Sitko’s total was 21.5 kilograms (47.4 pounds) more than her past equipped World Record of 704.5 kilograms (1,553.1 pounds).
The 2022 World Games were scored on a pound-for-pound basis. That means Sitko not only attained the best bench press, deadlift, and total for the 76-kilogram competitors – she also had the highest score relative to her exact competitive body weight of 76 kilograms (167.5 pounds).
Here are the best stats and the final point totals for the podium finishers in the 76-kilogram weight class, per The World Games website:
Women’s 76KG | 2022 World Games Podium Results
1. Agata Sitko (Poland) – 119.12 total points | Body weight – 76 kilograms (167.5 pounds)
- Squat – 270 kilograms (595.2 pounds)
- Bench Press – 195 kilograms (429.9 pounds) | Equipped World Record
- Deadlift – 261 kilograms (575.4 pounds) | Equipped World Record
- Total – 726 kilograms ((1,600.6 pounds) | Equipped World Record
2. Kelsey McCarthy (US Virgin Islands) – 109.44 total points | Body weight – 66.6 kilograms (146.8 pounds)
- Squat – 242.5 kilograms (534.6 pounds)
- Bench Press – 170 kilograms (374.8 pounds)
- Deadlift – 212.5 kilograms (468.5 pounds)
- Total – 625 kilograms (1,377.9 pounds)
3. Francesca Parrello (Italy) – 106.25 total points | Body weight – 75.4 kilograms (166.2 pounds)
- Squat – 257.5 kilograms (567.7 pounds)
- Bench Press – 140 kilograms (308.6 pounds)
- Deadlift – 247.5 kilograms (545.6 pounds)
- Total – 645 kilograms (1,422 pounds)
At the time of this writing, Sitko has not confirmed when she will next feature in an official competition. The 2022 European Open, Sub-Junior, Junior & Masters Classic & Equipped Bench Press Championships could be a potential option. Those will occur in Budapest, Hungary, on August 2-7, 2022.
For now, it stands to reason the Polish athlete has earned time to bask in the glow of all her latest achievements.
Featured image: @theipf on Instagram