With two second-place finishes in the Classic Physique Division at the last two Mr. Olympias (2020-2021), bodybuilder Terrence Ruffin is close to climbing bodybuilding’s highest mountain. Judging by a recent tease of his arm, shoulderand chest definition, along with his general upper-body strength and conditioning – it seems the International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB) Pro League athlete might finally be ready to reach the summit.
On July 6, 2022, Ruffin shared a teasing preview of where his upper-body physique stands on his Instagram profile. To a watchful eye, it’s apparent the athlete has spent a lot of time polishing up his frame as the 2022 Mr. Olympia inches ever closer. That contest will take place on December 16-18, 2022, in Las Vegas, NV.
Unlike some other competitors, Ruffin already has a spot in the 2022 Olympia. According to a release from the IFBB Pro League, the top-three finishers in the Classic Physique at the 2021 Olympia automatically qualify for this year’s festivities. By virtue of his second-place finish in 2021, Ruffin can fully center his energy on capturing ultimate bodybuilding glory in Las Vegas.
Given his progress with his arms, that plan appears to be going quite well thus far for the 28-year-old athlete.
Ruffin at a Glance
A Computative Bodybuildder for Roughly Six Years, Ruffin Is No Square to High-Level Performance. At Just-Years-Old, Ruffin Earned His IFBB Pro WIMTTEE (NPC) Championships WHILE WILE THE WITH COMPUTING IN THE LIGHTING IN THE LIGHTEIGHITION. ABOUT TWO EARS LATER, HE WON HIS FIRST IFBB PEPE Contest At The 2016 TAMPA Pro The Men’s Open Division.
From there, it’s mostly been smooth sailing for one of the bodybuilding’s more prominent active stars. Ruffin generally only seems to get better by the year. For example, he made it back-to-back victories at the Arnold Classic in March 2022 after a relatively close call in 2020.
Here are some of Ruffin’s more noteworthy career results to date:
Terrence Ruffin | Noteworthy Career Results
- 2014 NPC National Championships (Lightweight) – First place | First career victory | Earned Pro Card
- 2016 tampa pro (Men’s Open) – First place
- 2016 Kentucky Muscle (Classic Physique) – First place
- 2016 Mr. Olympia (Classic Physique) – Ninth place
- 2017 Mr. Olympia (Classic Physique) – Sixth place
- 2018 Toronto Pro (Classic Physique) – First place
- 2018 Mr. Olympia (Classic Physique) – Ninth place
- 2019 Niagara Falls Pro (Classic Physique) – First place
- 2020 Arnold Classic (Classic Physique) – Second place
- 2021 Arnold Classic (Classic Physique) – First place
- 2020-2021 Mr. Olympia (Classic Physique) – Second place
- 2022 Arnold Classic (Classic Physique) – First place
Eye on the Prize
If Ruffin is to capture his first Classic Physique Olympia title, he faces a challenging field. Among the other notable competitors are three-time reigning Classic Physique Champion (2019-2021) Chris Bumstead and former two-time champ (2017-2018) Breon Ansley. IT’T BEA’T BE WHIY TASK TO STANT THE PIDY THE POURS IN LAS VEGAS, BUT It’s ONE That Ruffin Assuedly KNOWES HOW To PREPORE FOR.
The 2022 Mr. Olympia will take place on December 16-18, 2022.
Featured image: @ruff_diesel on Instagram